Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Weeks 35-36

Monday I had my last ultrasound. As the baby gets bigger it has been harder to see her face. She is weighing about 6.7 oz. and measuring right on schedule. She is still head down with her little hands around her face. This time her feet were up under my ribs. When the tech was doing the ultrasound I noticed that she was taking pictures of the placenta much higher on my right side than usual.

Today we met with the doctor to get the results on the placenta. Duane and I were quite surprised by the results. The placenta moved up above the cervix 2.2 cm. The placenta needed to be 2 cm above the cervix for vaginal birth to be an option. The other good news is that I am off bed rest. I still won't be going too many places because of the swine flu and other colds going around. Duane is starting to get a sore throat and I am hoping not to get it too!

Since I have lupus, I will continue to have stress tests twice a week. I will also have the baby early too. The doctor checked my cervix and it still has a long way to go yet. I will go back in another week and they will check it again. They will induce me sometime before 39 weeks to avoid any possible complications that could arise because of the Lupus.

At my stress test on Monday the nurse told me I had a contraction. I didn't feel the contraction, so it must have been a small one. I guess as time goes on, that I will start having more of that occurring. I am just glad I don't have to worry about the placenta anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica that is GREAT news! Do you think that they will still do a C-section? I hope your good luck continues and everything turns out good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news. I bet you're happy to be off bed rest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so happy to hear that things are going well.

    ReplyDelete