Tuesday, September 8, 2009

34 Weeks

We went and saw doctor Trinh on Monday. The placenta is still covering the cervix about 8mm. The doctor told us that the placenta needed to be 2cm above the cervix. At this point we are pretty doubtful that placenta will move that much in two weeks. We go back to the hospital on the 14th for out last ultrasound. On the 16th we will meet with the doctor again. We will find out then if I am having the c-section and when. It will be sometime late this month.

Friday Duane and I met with the doctor who is going to be the baby's doctor. Dr. Lawrence is very nice and we think that she will be a good doctor. If I have the c-section she will be come and be present for the procedure. While we were visiting with Dr. Lawrence she told us the swine flu is going around pretty bad here among the students. She recommended that Duane and I both avoid public places as much as possible. As well as using anti-bacterial hand sanitizer and washing our hands if we do have to go out. Over the weekend I read an article on the national news that stated that over 2,000 students in Pullman (7 miles west) have had swine flu. Hopefully, I can make it a couple more weeks without getting sick.

I have been going for stress tests twice a week and everything is going well with those. Baby's heart rate is good and no signs of any contractions.

I noticed this week that either the baby is lower or she grew a lot. When I sit down I can my belly resting on my lap. Duane thinks my belly still looks the same so who knows.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you like Dr. Lawrence. I hope that she works out for you guys. That is crazy about the swine flu. Looks like we got out of there just in time!!! Just remember after the c-section that it is better to keep yourself filled with pain medication. It allows your body to heal faster and better. (according to Dr. Minudri) I can't wait to see your cute little girl.

    ReplyDelete