Thursday, October 8, 2009

38 and 39 Weeks

Not much has changed here. I had my appointment and the cervix is still closed. Monday they have me scheduled for an ultrasound to check baby's weight and fluid. I go back Thursday to see the doctor again and they will re-check the cervix. The doctor said, we will decide then if we are going to do the induction or wait longer. In the meantime, I will continue with the stress tests bi-weekly.

For the most part I don't notice the baby moving. I have to really pay attention to notice if she moves or not. Well except when I am sitting in the recliner. She likes to slip up under my right ribs. This week every time I felt her move, I would put my hand on my belly. Always the same thing, her bottom moving as if she is rolling over. Then one day I saw my belly make a strange movement. I put my hand on the belly to feel. It felt like a little foot or knee. I was so excited that I made Duane come right away so he could feel it too. That was fun.

I am still pretty comfortable. It is getting harder to lift my legs up and roll over in bed. I had some swelling in my feet and ankles this past week. I think some of that was from stress.

My dear friend and grandfather passed away last Friday on my mom's birthday. I was sad that I would not be able to travel for his funeral today. However, I was able to write him a nice eulogy and help with other things from here. That made me feel better.

He was a good grandfather. Worried about everyone but himself right up to the end. My aunt said, everyday he would ask if I had the baby yet. Last week she finally told him I had the baby and everything was fine because he was worrying so much. He passed away shortly after. I find comfort that he is in a better place now. I am pretty sure he has arm wrapped tightly around my grandma. He probably won't let her get too far out of his sight. Unfortunately for grandma, she won't be able to turn down her hearing aid when she wants to tune him out. :)

Here is a picture of the ever expanding belly...I am not sure how much more it can stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment