Thursday, July 16, 2009

26-27 Weeks

Duane and I managed to get all moved into our new apartment. It was a lot of work in a short period of time! We had 17 people show up to help move things and it took about 2-3 hours. I am pretty sure the free pizza had something to with the high turnout for the move.

The worst part was prepping the apartment after the move. It made for a really long day (9 am until after midnight). We didn't get any help with the cleaning (should have offered more Pizza :)). I had to help Duane because it was too much for him to do alone. I just focused on doing the tasks that could be done sitting down. We never did finish everything on the checklist, but we did the best we could.

Duane has been pretty fast at unpacking things. We only have about a dozen boxes left to go through and some pictures to hang. Then we will get the nursery all set up!

We really like the new place. Having the extra room has made a huge difference. Not having an office for our desks and office furniture made the rest of the old place so cramped. I am so glad we decided to make the move. I will be able to put the baby down on the floor to play and have room for a swing in the living room.

We are in one of the highest apartments in the complex. Off of our deck we have a beautiful view of Moscow and the rolling hills beyond. At nighttime I like to look out at all the lights. It sorta reminds me of when I lived in Pennsylvania Place a high rise building. The nice thing about the set up is the ground is flat where we are. We exit out the back of the complex, so we don't have to worry about hills in the winter. It also seems to stay cooler. We haven't had to use any airconditioning.

As far as the baby goes....I am starting to feel her move. It is still pretty sporadic. I think what I am feeling is when she rolls over or makes a large movement. I don't feel anything inside, rather just movement against the outter wall and my skin moving on the outside.

Next week we go back for another ultra-sound of the placenta and basic measurements. We are hoping things have moved up. I haven't had any bleeding since the end of May, which is good.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I feel really bad about not being able to come help clean. I'm glad that you are starting to feel her a little more.

    ReplyDelete