Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 9

This week the baby gets fingers, more defined eyes and toes. The baby is about the size of my thumb.

Last month they ran a boat load of tests on me. The main concerns pertained to my lupus. Lupus creates something called anti-ana. This anti-ana directly targets the baby (sends a blood clot) and can cause miscarriage. In the past, I have had boarder line numbers for the anti-ana so it was a concern.

We were quite surprised when the test results all came back within normal ranges, which would be a negative for the lupus. This hasn't happened since the Lupus started a long time ago. Sometimes this happens during pregnancy. I still have all of my normal aches and pains. Actually my back, feet, hands and TMJ have been awful since I went off my meds.

However, I have noticed some increased energy and overall happiness. Mostly, I wake up and feel like I had a good night's sleep (even if I didn't sleep well). In contrast it is like going from black and white to color. It is amazing to me what a little change can do.

I am off all my prescriptions. I stopped the worst ones (class C) right away and gradually off the safer ones (class B). I have been on a bunch of medicines for over 10 years. At night I am just taking an OTC decongestant and that is it. Pretty amazing.

So we will keep an eye on the Lupus and pray it stays at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment