Saturday, February 7, 2009

School

I was struggling to stay up with my course work. So I decided that I needed to drop one of my classes. I am taking BUS412-Human Resource Management (HRM) and ENVS101-Environmental Science. These were the last two classes that I needed to take on campus. The rest of my classes can be finished on-line over the computer from anywhere.

I talked to both of my teachers (both men) to let them know what was going on. The science teacher has a strict attendance policy and was not willing to work with me. The business teacher on the other hand, is very willing to work with me.

I know that the College of Southern Idaho offers science classes on-line. So I decided to drop the science class. It was early enough in the semester that it wouldn't be a problem.

I won't have any homework in the business class, but we do have to put together a portfolio. I have that almost complete. Since I had already put so much effort into the class, I didn't want to drop it. I am also taking a one credit course that is exactly the same project. So it should work out well.

After I dropped the science class it was a huge relief. I know that it was the right choice.

My adviser is allowing me to do some research on records management procedures for credit. So have another 1 credit class. I just have to do some research on the topic and write a 6-7 page paper. It is one of those things that I can work on as I am feeling up to it. My adviser will work with me too. If I needed an extension at the end of the term, it is doable. So now I am taking 5 credits which isn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment