Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Heartrate

I can never remember much for long. So I decided to start this blog to record thoughts and experiences that we have while I am pregnant. I have been amazed at how such a small little thing can change so much and quickly.

The first thing I noticed was my heartbeat. I didn't know that I was pregnant at the time or that pregnancy could change your heartbeat. I noticed last week that my heartbeat felt faster a couple times.

Here is a cool site that shows the progression of pregnancy. From what I have read so far it is pretty accurate. They use a little humor which is cute.

http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/calendar/4-weeks-pregnant.html

According to the site:

"Once Mini Me or He implants in your uterus and that placenta starts to grow, your heart starts beating more quickly. You might be putting in an extra 15 beats per minute (even when Taye Diggs isn't onscreen). Until your blood volume catches up to all that extra pumping (which it won't do for a number of weeks), you're likely to feel tired most of the time."

Last week I started to feel nausea for the first time and some minor cramping. I don't have typical "Morning Sickness". It was starting around 9 pm, then 8 pm and now around 4 pm. I would rather have "Evening Sickness" so I am not complaining! However, this is really the begining and we still have a long time to go.

Everyone asks how Duane feels about becoming a dad. He is literally on cloud nine!

4 comments:

  1. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! WHEN DID YOU FIND OUT?
    OH MY GOSH, I CAN'T WAIT! WE WILL HAVE TO GO SHOP, & EVERYTHING!
    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how such a small little life can change your body so fast. As small as a grain of rice can change your body and emotions.
    When you talked about some cramping...it's called phantom cramping. That's why some women think they are getting their periods, when in fact their pregnant. It has something to do with the implantation of the baby. Something else you might be feeling, your breasts may ache a little. It's the pregnancy hormones. Let me know how you make out at the dr's appointment next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The intention, the purpose and the reason for this communication is to state CONGRATULATIONS. Claudia and I are very happy for both of you. We will both be celabrating new milestones in our life. I will be getting married and you will be bringing a new life into the world. Happy days.
    I am so very happy for you. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete